Sunday, February 13, 2011

Internet

I am doing this blog early because I will be down in Los Angeles next week and I will not have the opportunity to do any homework during that time.

I have used the internet for shopping and gaming, but I have never used it for dating. To be honest I do not know anyone who has used an online dating service, at least as far as I know. I have shopped on various sites such as: ebay.com, amazon.com, lids.com, bestbuy.com, and various other shopping websites. As far as internet gaming I have never been an extreme internet gamer; I have only played basic games online such as: Chess, Pacman, and Snake, most of my video game time is spent playing on the Playstation 3 and not using the online interface.

I can think of a good example of a friend or family member who has an addiction to gaming, shopping, or dating sites on the computer. One of my cousins up in Oakland has been a big time online gamer for as long as I can remember. He has played many different online games, but he is addicted to WoW, or simply World of Warcraft. To be honest I don't see the point in it, but he cant put it down. Even his parents say that he gets up at 6am to start playing before school and first thing he does when he gets home is turn on his computer to start playing. Over the years I have noticed that he has developed quite a temper since playing and he is one of the most unsocial people you will ever meet, that is why I don't like being around him. However over the years I have noticed that he has become a little bit more social as he has stopped playing WoW as much because his school schedule and amount of work don't allow him to play as much these days.

1 comment: